PDA

Просмотр полной версии : TRD images on HDD

VELESOFT
25.10.2008, 00:48
What format of HDD use russian clones ? (smuc interface, etc...)
Is supported only TRD images ?

VELESOFT

Adramelek
25.10.2008, 04:51
What format of HDD use russian clones ? (smuc interface, etc...)ATM, NEMO (2 different formats), and SMUC.
Is supported only TRD images ?No, not only TRD. Some clones (such as ATM Turbo 2+, Profi...) have support of CP/M. Also OS TASiS was developed (only for ATM). IS-DOS can be installed on almost every russian clone (exclude weird old ones). All this OS' support HDD and have they own file system. It's possible to keep TRD images on HDD and run it when you want to. In case of ATM you can put TRD image on RAM disk and start special version of TR-DOS which supports RAM disk.

VELESOFT
25.10.2008, 13:32
ATM, NEMO (2 different formats), and SMUC.No, not only TRD. Some clones (such as ATM Turbo 2+, Profi...) have support of CP/M. Also OS TASiS was developed (only for ATM). IS-DOS can be installed on almost every russian clone (exclude weird old ones). All this OS' support HDD and have they own file system. It's possible to keep TRD images on HDD and run it when you want to. In case of ATM you can put TRD image on RAM disk and start special version of TR-DOS which supports RAM disk.

And what is format of HDD ?
IDE medium can be formatted as FAT 16/32 or use dirrerent file system (only for ZX) ?
Can be same HDD used for PC and for ZX (russian clones) ?
All disk images(TRD) is conected in one big block(file) ?
Is supported SCL files ?
Any support for loading TAP,Z80,SNA ?
Is on HDD used TRD images with different size(longer or less) than 640kB ?

OK, with HDD can work only special TR-DOS roms with modified ramdisk support, but on HDD will not work software used #3D2F :v2_conf2: (as on my SPRINTER 2000 with HDD support)

VELESOFT

Adramelek
26.10.2008, 00:41
And what is format of HDD ?
IDE medium can be formatted as FAT 16/32 or use dirrerent file system (only for ZX) ?I just said that: "All this OS' support HDD and have they own file system." Of course it's not FAT, but some tools allow you to use FDD in MS-DOS format.
Can be same HDD used for PC and for ZX (russian clones) ?Unreal Speccy supports real HDDs.
All disk images(TRD) is conected in one big block(file) ?I don't think so. Why it would be like that?
Is supported SCL files ?
Any support for loading TAP,Z80,SNA ?No, any OS have no native support of any of these files (include TRD). You can use TRD images only with help of some special tools such as TRDEXE.COM for CP/M (http://atmturbo.nedopc.com/download/cpm/system/xutils/xutils.htm). If you want to load TAP or SNA, you probably need to write your own software for that. Maybe somebody already did it, but I'm not sure.
Is on HDD used TRD images with different size(longer or less) than 640kB ?TRDEXE.COM supports IMG images with size less than 640 Kb. TRD images -- standart size only AFAIK.
OK, with HDD can work only special TR-DOS roms with modified ramdisk support, but on HDD will not work software used #3D2F :v2_conf2: (as on my SPRINTER 2000 with HDD support)You need to talk with Max Timonin about that: [email protected]. He's the guy who know everything about CP/M, IS-DOS, and TASiS for ATM Turbo clone.

VELESOFT
26.10.2008, 02:18
I just said that: "All this OS' support HDD and have they own file system." Of course it's not FAT, but some tools allow you to use FDD in MS-DOS format.
Original ZX with MB02 interface use also real MS-DOS 1.8MB !!! FDD(HD FDD). :v2_thumb:
http://translate.google.cz/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.8bc.com%2Fsinclair%2F MB02%2Findex.htm&sl=cs&tl=en&hl=cs&ie=UTF-8
http://www.8bc.com/sinclair/DOWNLOAD/index.htm

No, any OS have no native support of any of these files (include TRD). You can use TRD images only with help of some special tools such as TRDEXE.COM for CP/M (http://atmturbo.nedopc.com/download/cpm/system/xutils/xutils.htm).
This only transport TRD image from HDD to real FDD or RAMDISK ? Direct access to IDE device is more usable(and need only modified trdos without any convertor)

If you want to load TAP or SNA, you probably need to write your own software for that.
This software exist from year 2002. It is DEMFIR - system for czech DIVIDE interface. For use with any other ZX clones need only three(or two) 16kB ram pages in memory space 0-16383. System contain comfortable NMI menu with real CD-ROM support. Support also work with ISO images on HDD/CF, TAP,TZX,SNA,Z80,SCR loading.
http://velesoft.speccy.cz/other/demfir.gif :v2_wink2:
DEMFIR use different IDE ports than russian IDE interfaces, but source code is free :v2_wink:

Exist more other systems for DIVIDE interface:
http://www.divide.cz/?x=info

For use with russian clones is best system FATWARE:
http://velesoft.speccy.cz/other/fatware.gif :v2_clap2:
This is comfortable disk browser with FAT16 support(also support 4GB FAT16 partitions supported by WIN XP). Can load any TAP,SNA,Z80,SCR and DITHVIDE(2x6912 bytes long file = interlace two videorams) files. For use with any other ZX clones need only three(or two) 16kB ram pages in memory space 0-16383.

TRD images -- standart size only AFAIK.
:v2_clap2: But standard size of SINGLE SIDE/80 TRK disk is 320kB, SINGLE SIDE/40 TRK disk is 160kB, etc...

VELESOFT

Adramelek
26.10.2008, 02:47
This only transport TRD image from HDD to real FDD or RAMDISK ? Direct access to IDE device is more usable(and need only modified trdos without any convertor)You can find some commanders for TR-DOS such as HDD v2.0 and HDD Commander v1.2f. I think they have support of NEMO interface and TR-DOS format. But actually I know nothing about it, so you better ask another guy.
This software exist from year 2002.It's pretty cool, but since nobody using cassette tapes in Russia, almost every piece of software existed was converted to TRD or SCL. May be somebody in Russia need to load TZX from HDD, but I never heard about such of thing.
:v2_clap2: But standard size of SINGLE SIDE/80 TRK disk is 320kB, SINGLE SIDE/40 TRK disk is 160kB, etc...320 Kb? 160 Kb? I'm not sure it's standart anymore.

P.S. BTW, what are you trying to tell me? What is this all about? It is some kind of advertisement?

VELESOFT
26.10.2008, 02:49
It's pretty cool, but since nobody using cassette tapes in Russia, almost every piece of software existed was converted to TRD or SCL.
TRD and SCL is standard in Russia, but is very hard find games/files on more TRD images :v2_frown: Each TAP/Z80/SNA file use true name and contain only one game/utility. This files sorted by name on HDD with FAT16 is very appropriate solution. With FAT browser you can very fast find any software on FAT16 (same as in ZX emulators on PC). Which way you use for software finding if you have on HDD only disk images ? One image for one game ?(= big size). TAP files is best for game loading. :v2_thumb: And TRDOS disk is best for work (load/save files) :v2_thumb:

May be somebody in Russia need to load TZX from HDD, but I never heard about such of thing.320 Kb? 160 Kb? I'm not sure it's standart anymore.
TR-DOS support 4 standard formats of disk.
40trk/ss
40trk/ds
80trk/ss
80trk/ds

TZX files can be used for custom tape loaders(fast loading) and for original speed. DEMFIR support only loading TZX files with standard tape speed. :v2_wink2:

P.S. BTW, what are you trying to tell me? What is this all about? It is some kind of advertisement?

I write TR-DOS emulator for real ZX machines with IDE support. :v2_yahoo:
http://velesoft.speccy.cz/other/trdos_emulator_for_mb02.zip

VELESOFT

Adramelek
26.10.2008, 03:53
TRD and SCL is standard in Russia, but is very hard find games/files on more TRD images :v2_frown:Well, it's not hard for me. What you want to find? If it is not some crap or junk, you'll find it anyway.
Each TAP/Z80/SNA file use true name and contain only one game/utility. This files sorted by name on HDD with FAT16 is very appropriate solution. With FAT browser you can very fast find any software on FAT16 (same as in ZX emulators on PC). Which way you use for software finding if you have on HDD only disk images ? One image for one game ?(= big size). TAP files is best for game loading. :v2_thumb: And TRDOS disk is best for work (load/save files) :v2_thumb:This way probably (OS TASiS):

http://img183.imageshack_.us/img183/8875/sshot000ri5.png
TR-DOS support 4 standard formats of disk.
40trk/ss
40trk/ds
80trk/ss
80trk/dsYeah, but not so many peoples using 40trk/ss or something like that. AFAIK, the size of RAM disk in CP/M and TASiS -- 640 Kb. If you want original size of file (not 640 Kb), you can convert SCL image to IMG. Anyway, it all depends what kind of clone you own. Profi clone probably will not let you use something like SCL or IMG images since it's no software for such formats (but I'm not sure).
I write TR-DOS emulator for real ZX machines with IDE support. :v2_yahoo:
http://velesoft.speccy.cz/other/trdos_emulator_for_mb02.zip
Sounds interesting. What you using it for?

P.S. If you load TAP file on your DEMFIR, can you save high score table in game?

VELESOFT
26.10.2008, 04:46
Well, it's not hard for me. What you want to find? If it is not some crap or junk, you'll find it anyway.
For example:
I download any archives of TRD images from internet. But I can see only names of one image always. And each TRD image contain more games/utilities. This is unusable for fast finding software. I must in emulator (or in spectrum navigator) open each TRD image and search file. :v2_conf2: Short TRD image is way ? If I choose support only TRD images, I can create new TRD with only one program/game and delete free unused space after last used sector (to end). This is best for using with HDD => size of each TRD image will similar as size of game(similar as TAP size). :v2_rolley
ftp://ftp.worldofspectrum.org/pub/sinclair/tools/pc/trdos/TRDCUT11.zip

Yeah, but not so many peoples using 40trk/ss or something like that. If you want original size (not 640 Kb), you can convert SCL image to IMG.
Where I find structure about IMG format ? TRD is better than SCL/HOBETA. Contain sector copy, no files data only :v2_biggr:

It depends what kind of clone you own.Sounds interesting. What you using it for?
This is software emulator of KR1818VG93 ( WD1793 ) controller !!! Original code of TRDOS is same, only instructions OUT and IN is replaced by JP EMUL. Emulation routine use software filter that detect command type for FDC controller. And low level routine read/write trdos sector from/to HDD/CF.
With this emulation method will work also russian software with incorrect trdos calling ( jp #3D2F ). :v2_laugh:

VELESOFT

Добавлено через 19 минут

P.S. If you load TAP file on your DEMFIR, can you save high score table in game?

No, this is very hard for implementation. If you use save to TAP file, each new saved file will add after last file (no rewrited, only add). This version of DEMFIR and FATWARE support only read from FAT. This is designed specially for game playing :v2_cool:
DEMFIR = Desktop EMulator FIles Runner
Demfir is designed for using real CD-ROM(DVD), but can work also with any ISO image on HDD/CF. But exist new version of DEMFIR OS with write support !!! This version need 40kB (=more ram pages in low 16kB) :v2_down:

System FATWARE v0.12 is old version with read only FAT support (same as DEMFIR). Is usable only for game playing.
SAVE hi-score is supported in disk games only. This games is only for use with disk. 99.999 % of TAP/TZX games not use SAVE feature. :v2_wink2:
In development is new version of FATWARE OS with write support...

Sayman
28.10.2008, 12:42
Diamond....coder from exAreasoft, some time ago he wrote correction for trdos for possibility of work with hdd. But at present the project is not finished. There is a full documentation with all coments on alteration. An essence that it has given the chance to work trdos with hdd. Without everyones rom-disk`s. in idea he used a trd image on fat hdd. to load and work with image it used a commander...but...not finished(((
I hope that it will transfer it to me or still to somebody for work continuation.

VELESOFT
28.10.2008, 14:19
Modified TRDOS with FDC controller emulation (software emulation similar as on my project) :v2_biggr:

http://atmturbo.nedopc.com/projects/hdd_prj.htm

This is TRDOS version for ATM TURBO computer. If source code will free, I can compare both (this and my) emulation routines/methods and this help me with hdd-trdos finalization. :v2_wink2:

LAESQ (author of ESXDOS system) use also software FDC emulation:
http://esxdos.org/ :v2_clap2:

VELESOFT

sv
28.10.2008, 15:53
я был бы безмерно счастлив,если б душка VELESOFT портировал свой чудо эмуль для pentagon1024sl2.2+Gluk menu+nemoIDE интерфейс...
к примеру: прога прописывается на fat32 раздел (с правильного сектора),и загружается из меню "hdd boot",вирт дисковод становиться А:,реальный-B:,и из оболочки проги загружаем trd/scl (tap/tzx/sna) образ для дальнейшего получения удовольствия:)..
мечты..мечты..
ALL,переведите басурманину плз-а ну как изготовит:)..

VELESOFT
28.10.2008, 19:06
я был бы безмерно счастлив,если б душка VELESOFT портировал свой чудо эмуль для pentagon1024sl2.2+Gluk menu+nemoIDE интерфейс...
к примеру: прога прописывается на fat32 раздел (с правильного сектора),и загружается из меню "hdd boot",вирт дисковод становиться А:,реальный-B:,и из оболочки проги загружаем trd/scl (tap/tzx/sna) образ для дальнейшего получения удовольствия:)..
мечты..мечты..
ALL,переведите басурманину плз-а ну как изготовит:)..

Yes, all is possible. But PENTAGON 1024 can in low16kB set only ROM or RAM0 page. So must be used rom chip with modified TRDOS rom version.... :v2_thumb: Software for support TAP/SNA/Z80/TZX need also modified rom.

VELESOFT

sv
28.10.2008, 20:37
So must be used rom chip with modified TRDOS rom version.... :v2_thumb:вот жеж...таки придётся программатор покупать/делать (давно хотел кстате):)...
какой щаз самый модный,willem?