Тема: sjasmplus от z00m

Junior
    Благодарностей: 8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Цитата Сообщение от krt17 Посмотреть сообщение
    ...но теперь придется прибавлять <char>...
    ...Но нафига все эти извраты?
    1) not sure what is your issue, some example? (is it about doing few more keystrokes while writing source? That can be it, as that is usually very low priority for me, as that is usually very small part of SW development - compared to reading and debugging)

2) why changes? Because v1.10.4 is too bugged and it's lacking some functions I need for my own projects.

If you by some luck managed to have working source in older version - my respect! - you can still use the older binary to assemble that particular old source, if you don't want to update it.

For new projects you can decide yourself, but I had huge issues with v1.10.4 when I tried to use it somewhat more, beyond trivial instruction assembling. More than half of the examples from documentation didn't work as it was described, and some features of sjasmplus were not described in documentation at all, so I was not even sure if those were bugs or secret features.

But in the end it is very simple. I need assembler for my own projects, and my idea of good assembler is something reliable and predictable - so I don't have to babysit the assembler itself checking the resulting machine code, and I can focus on my programming and debugging my bugs. V1.10.4 was very far from this goal, unfortunately. Originally I did want just to add Next instructions and few more small changes, but then I did read through the source of it, and there was some kind of bug and inaccuracy almost everywhere. So instead of few changes I spend months (!) just fixing it.

I still put backward compatibility as very high priority item, and I believe, considering I made 300+ commits already, I broke minimal amount of old things. But at some points I had some reasons to believe the change is better option.

In case of MAP removal it was mostly it's poor implementation and lack of documentation (and I still believe STRUCT is as good), so instead of spending another week fixing MAP, I removed it (I was keeping it "as is" as long as it was possible, but due to it's implementation it was getting into my way too much lately, clashing with planned changes, and fixing it was too much of work).

Sorry. Still thank you for this feedback, I'm actually surprised anyone was using MAP in their projects, when I was asking in the cz/sk community, nobody had it (but each of us is very different, some prefer EQU and manual adjusting of everything, some write code generators in JavaScript and I did want functional STRUCT producing correct machine code...). So it's good to know this change was more problematic then I expected.

Master Аватар для Bedazzle
    Благодарностей: 154
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Цитата Сообщение от Ped7g Посмотреть сообщение
    1) not sure what is your issue, some example?
    Downloaded sjasmplus v1.13.0 from git, unpacked.
    Trying to start it from cmd - just hangs, doesnät matter if I start it with asm source as parameter, or without parameters.
    Win 7 home.

Junior
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Цитата Сообщение от Bedazzle Посмотреть сообщение
    Downloaded sjasmplus v1.13.0 from git, unpacked.
    Trying to start it from cmd - just hangs, doesnät matter if I start it with asm source as parameter, or without parameters.
    Win 7 home.
    Ouch. Can you please try also some older versions like v1.12.0 and older? Where the issue did start?
    (just running the exe from command line should print out the help page)

Or is here somebody else who has Win 7 and can try it? (It is tested by z00m in "Win 7 pro 32b", that should work)

Can you maybe try also decompress the executable (it's compressed with upx: https://upx.github.io/ ), if it still hangs?

BTW, do you have some antivirus? Doesn't it interfere with it, check maybe some logs or "quarantine" or how these things works (I haven't seen windows for like 12 or 13 years, so I'm not sure how to debug these problems in best way)?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you maybe try also decompress the executable
    Decompressed, and it starts ok.

BTW, do you have some antivirus? Doesn't it interfere with it
    Yes, Avast.
    Tried again original compressed exe, and it showed sandbox. Yesterday it didn't jumped.
    So seems it is ok for now.

But.
    Tried to compile source, and

And same source with another branch

I think it was already reported for another branch, and problem was with includes inside include file:

core.a80 file:
    INCLUDE "known/_7EC7-7F5F___print_situation.a80"

_7EC7-7F5F___print_situation.a80 file:
    INCLUDE "txt/_7ED5-7EDC___situation.a80"
    Последний раз редактировалось Bedazzle; 17.05.2019 в 23:56.

Master
    Благодарностей: 533
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But.
    По русски написали, если используешь ' кавычки будь готов что экраны не нужны. Это нормально и правильно, и меня кстати пару раз бесило что раньше было не так.
    Про MAP согласен что используется редко. Понадобилось всего 2 раза, просто второй раз совсем недавно, поэтому и заворчал.
    Удобно использовать для задания общего массива переменных с адресацией через индексный регистр.

Activist
    Благодарностей: 86
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Хорошо конечно что стараются, у меня лично на эту ветку были надежды до этого:

Структуры конечно хорошо, но теперь придется прибавлять <char>. там где это совсем не нужно и делать структуру там где она совсем не нужна. Да можно equ понатыкать, вот удобство так удобство считать вручную. Можно еще disp 0 сделать. Но нафига все эти извраты?
    Жаль конечно.
    MAP/FIELD были выпилены из "основной" ветки тоже давным давно, см. https://zx-pk.ru/threads/447-sjasmpl...=1#post1002128 (в той же теме далее есть пример как с помощью макросов можно делать то же самое)

MAP/FIELD were removed from the "main" branch years ago as well, see https://zx-pk.ru/threads/447-sjasmpl...=1#post1002128 (in one of the following messages there is an example of how macros can be used to do the same, at least for some use cases)

Junior
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no idea from that post, what is wrong, I see the FREE RAM output is different, but I don't know this project (are the sources available somewhere or can you create some small example just demonstrating the problem?).

Generally include inside include should be NOT a problem, but maybe there's some bug I am not aware of. If you will manage to help it identify, it would be very nice, thank you.

(the changes in code [I am aware of] were about include search paths, the "" paths start search in current source directory first, while <> paths go through provided include paths first and ends in current source dir, just as the docs specs says.

But in your case, unless you have two different files "txt/_7ED5-7EDC___situation.a80" in different folders, this shouldn't affect your code in any way, because either the correct file is found and included+assembled, or error about opening file would show ... anything else about include-in-include shouldn't be of any special significance, and the assembling state should be pretty much identical as if one big source file was provided, so there's some bug somewhere

There were some changes about auto-wrap of addresses, which affect behaviour around 0x10000 address, maybe that's affecting it?)

(Also I see difference in "compiled lines", but that calculation was slightly modified recently, so this is not conclusive, still same amount of lines may have been assembled by both assemblers, it's just the 1.13.0 does count it differently in some cases, probably around multiple instructions on same line, etc.. so this one doesn't bother me, but the 0x10000 vs 0x0000 is worth attention of course)

(the warning about 0x5C5C is very likely the '\\' thing and as there *was* warning, the final code is identical, would be different in case of no warning.. like ld hl,'\\' is now ld hl,0x5C5C but the warning says that the value was truncated, so only 5C was used of it .... hmm... maybe I should add extra warning about backslash used inside apostrophes for a version or two, so users can check all their source and adjust to quotes or remove escaping backslash?)
    Последний раз редактировалось Ped7g; 18.05.2019 в 06:52.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

По русски написали, если используешь ' кавычки будь готов что экраны не нужны.
    Какие экраны? Нет бэкслэшей в путях, которые в двойных кавычках.

Junior
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm afraid I completely do NOT understand what is the issue, and how it relates to include. Obviously all your files were included and assembled (otherwise there would be error about being unable to open file), and from the screenshots I see only some ("DISPLAY" output maybe?) different "free RAM" value, but that gives me zero context, what is that number and which code is producing it.

The warning is probably produced by constant '\\' in source _7EC7-7F5F___print_situation.a80 at line 106, but you didn't show that one either.

Can you try to explain the problem in some "source -> machine code" way, i.e. showing part of source, and part of listing what machine code was produced, and explain where you see the problem?

Because as is, I see only different DISPLAY output, and you didn't explain what code is producing that and where the difference starts. So at this moment I have no idea how to help you, and what is the problem, sorry.

Master
    Благодарностей: 533
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Какие экраны? Нет бэкслэшей в путях, которые в двойных кавычках.
    Тфу ты, перепутал.
    В исходнике '\\' или "\\"?

Страница 3 из 5 ПерваяПервая 12345 ПоследняяПоследняя

Информация о теме

Пользователи, просматривающие эту тему

Эту тему просматривают: 1 (пользователей: 0 , гостей: 1)